Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Get in Shape for Women


After the contest at Training Effects, I decided to try a new gym called Get in Shape for Women. It is a gym that is only for women and provides trainers. There are no more than 4 women at a time being trained and the concept is simple - legs and core one day and upper body the next visit - all doing 30 second reps. with 15 seconds in between rest and 4 sets of each exercise. There is 30 minutes of weight training and then 30 minutes of cardio.

The first two weeks I joined I lost 6 pounds! I am really excited about this and two girls from work also joined. It is great having a buddy system. My goal is to be 25-30 pounds lighter by the end of April.

I am so excited the 2nd week I started running on the treadmill for my cardio and I ran two miles without stopping! I have NEVER been able to do that. I did it twice that week and once this week so far. I have set another goal and that is to do a 5K in the spring. wish me luck!

No comments: